iConnect POS gives you the option to set up your store in a quick and easy way by importing all of your data using Excel (CSV) sheets.
You may import employees data, customers data, products & services, and employee services (commissions).
The correct order to set your store is Employee>>Product>>Service>>Customer>>Employee service. If you decide not using the import option for all types just make sure you add the info you want to have manually in that order.
All import process is very similar for any of the listed above so as an example, we’ll use import customer.
- In the iconnect POS web page, go to Import/Export and select Import
- In the new screen that will appear you’ll notice all the types of data that the system allows you to import. For this example we’ll use customers import.In the customer row, select Download template. An Excel sheet will be automatically is now downloaded to your computer. Open it.
- In the Excel sheet you’ll notice different columns (Name, Customer code, Contacts, Address, etc.), you will also notice an example for customers in the first 2 rows for reference.
- Fill the columns with all available information you have on your customers (First & Last Names are the only mandatory). Do not add/remove/change columns in the Excel sheet.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Go back to the iConnect POS, Import page.
Click the ‘Select files…’ button in the Customer row. Select the file that you created from where you saved it.
- Your file is now imported into the system. Review the import results screen and make sure all info was imported correctly.
- You are now done. You may import other types of data to the system.