In this section we will learn how to set automated discounts on iConnect POS.
Automated discount (AKA mix & match) is a discount that automatically takes into effect when certain items are added to a ticket (shopping cart)
- Log in to your web POS.
- Select Marketing and then Discount & Deals
- A list of all discounts in the system will now appear. To add automated discount select the ‘+’ icon and then ‘Add automated discount’.
- Fill the blank fields:
- Discount name
- Coupon code - Required
- Discount type - There are 3 types of discounts:
- Assigned to order sub-total – apply to the subtotal of the ticket
- Assigned to product variants (SKU) – apply only to defined products/services
- Assigned to certain category product variants – apply only to product in certain category
For automated discounts you will create a discount code for certain product (sku).
- Amount type –
- Amount – Change the total price once these items selected
- Percentage – The percentage discount for whole amount once these items selected
- Price override – New price per item
- Amount/Percentage/New price – This is where you’ll enter the value of the amount type
- Start & End date – Dates of when this discount will be effective
- Automation type:
- Condition check mode
- Per line item – each product (sku) under affected items will be processed as separate unit
- Aggregated – All products (sku) under affected items will be processed together
- Base discounts – THIS IS OPTIONAL
- Use this if you want to apply this discount ONLY if other discount is already used in this shopping cart.
For example: First 3 items gets 15% off (first discount) and next 5 items gets 20% off (new discount you are now creating)
- Minimum quantity/Quantity – The number of item that need to be added to the ticket in order for the discount will take into effect
- Maximum quantity – The number of times this discount can take into effect per shopping cart
- After finish filling all fields, click on save
- You have now created your new discount in the system