iConnect POS allows you to send text messages (SMS) for marketing purposes, appointment reminders, service reminders, etc.
Text messaging settings
In order to use text messaging, you should have an account with a text messaging provider 3rd party that integrates with iConnect POS.
In this training we will learn how to integrate between iConnect POS and Twilio.
- Log in to your web POS.
- Select ‘Advanced settings’ and then ‘Text message settings.’
Once Text message settings page is open, you will have to select Twilio and click on ‘Register for a Twilio account here.’ You will be redirected to a new window.
Sign up for a new account:
5. You now created your new account.
6. In order to buy credit to your account click on your account name (top right corner) and then select “Upgrade Now.”
7. Fill your billing details and select the credits you want to add to your account. Click on “Upgrade account.”
8. The next step is to purchase a phone number to send the SMS messages.
Go to Voice, SMS & MMS > Dashboard.
Click on “Buy a number now.”
Search for a number.
Select a number and click on ‘Buy.’
*Make sure this number applies for SMS.
10. The last step would be to plug your account in iConnect.
Go back to Voice, SMS & MMS > Dashboard.
Click on ‘Show API credentials.’
Copy Account Sid & Authorization Token.
- Go back to iConnectPOS > Advanced settings and then Text message settings.
- Paste the Account Sid & Authorization Token.
- Plug in the phone number that you purchased.
- Click on Save.
- You are now ready.