In this section we will learn how to use the system to sell products/services, use discounts, sell gift cards, and other options that the system gives us at register.
Before we begin:
- Log in to iConncet POS web site and click on the ‘Register’ button
- let’s get to know the Register page:
Check out customer
- Log in to Register page
- Click on the Add customer button, select a customer and add them to the ticket from there. After you select a customer you will notice that the customer name is added to the ticket.
Click on the Product button, tap on a couple of products to be purchased to add them to your ticket
* If you ever need to remove a product from a ticket, simply click the product name you want to remove and then click on the delete icon.
You may add sales person to a product sale for tracking purposes, click on the product row, it will open a product details. Select the sales person from the Employee drop-down.
Tap the Charge button, select a payment method, and complete the transaction. You will be prompted to print or email a receipt.
Every once in a while you might want to use a discount code. In this training you will learn how to use those discount codes.
- In order to perform this training you must have a discount code
- Go to the Register page, add a product to the ticket.
- Tap on the More options button on the bottom and select discount.
A new Discount screen will appear, add your discount code (my code I used for this example is october) and click on the check button.
You will now notice that a discount row was added to the ticket and changed the total sum.
Tap the charge button and complete the sale.
Sell a Gift Card
iConnect POS has predefined item in inventory dedicated to selling and tracking your Gift Card balances. In this training we will learn how to sell a gift card.
- Go to the Register.
- Under ‘General’ category search and select a product called ‘Gift Card’ (SKU: 001). You may also search “Gift Card” from the search bar.
After adding the gift card to the ticket, click gift card row (in the ticket), a new screen will appear.
On that screen you will notice 2 important fields:
- Gift card code – This code is the code that the customer will use in order to redeem the remaining balance. It can be assigned automatically OR entered in to match the specific card you are giving the customer.
- Price – This is the purchase price and balance that will be associated with the gift card
You will need to make sure that these fields are complete.
Click on Charge and complete the sale.
Don’t forget to give the customer the gift card code he will need it to pay with the card!
Please note: You are able to add value to the gift card by re-buying the gift card under the same gift card code.
In this training we will learn how to view past tickets
- Log in to iConncet POS web site
- Click on the Tickets icon
A list of tickets will appear arranged by dates
Click on the eye icon on the right of the row for ticket review
In this training we will learn how to put ticket on hold and continue check out on later stage.
- Go to the Register page, add customer and product.
Click on the ‘Hold ticket’ button.
A clear register is now appear, that means you successfully put the other ticket on hold.
To continue the sale for the ticket on hold, click on the ‘Tickets on hold’ button.
The ticket that you previously put on hold will now appear. Click on ‘Continue to check out’ button to complete the sale.