In this section we will learn how to use the system to sell products/services, apply discounts, sell gift cards, and other options that the system gives us in register.
Before we begin:
Log in to iCR app and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Get to know the Register page:
Check out a customer
- Navigate to the Register screen
- Tap on the ‘Add customer’ button and select a customer you want to check out.
After you select a customer you will notice that the customer name is added to the ticket.
Tap on the Product button to add products and/or services to the ticket
Tap on the product row, it will open a product details screen. The cashier / salesperson may select a sales person as the one running the transaction each time so that you can track who sells what. Tap Done to complete the action.
You can also remove the item from the ticket using that screen.
Tap the Charge button, select a payment method, and complete the transaction. You will be prompted to print or email a receipt.
Apply a discount
Every once in a while you may want to use a discount code that is offered to your customers. In this training you will learn how to use those discount codes.
Go to the Register page, add customer, add a product to the ticket, and assign a sales person.
Tap on the More options button on the bottom and select discount.
A new Discount screen will appear, add your discount amount you want to apply to this sale and tap on “Done”.
You will now notice that a discount row was added to the ticket and changed the total sum.
Tap the charge button and complete the sale.
Sell a Gift Card
iConnect POS has a gift card item in inventory dedicated to selling and tracking your Gift Card balances. In this training we will learn how to sell a gift card.
- Go to the Register page and add customer
- Search and select a product called ‘Gift Card’ (SKU: 001). You may also search “Gift Card” from the search bar.
- After selecting gift card, a new screen will appear
On that screen you will notice 2 important fields:
- Gift card code – This code is the code that the customer will use in order to redeem the remaining balance. It can be assigned automatically OR entered in to match the specific number on the card you are giving the customer.
- Price – This is the purchase price and balance that will be associated with the gift card
You will need to make sure that these fields are complete – then tap Done.
Tap on Charge and complete the sale.
Don’t forget to give the customer the gift card OR the gift card code. They will need the card or the code to redeem against the balance!
View Tickets / Receipts
In this training we will learn how to view past tickets
- Log in to the Register screen
- Tap on the Tickets icon
A list of past tickets will appear arranged by dates
Tap on one of the tickets for review
You may tap the more options button on the top right to print it or to email a receipt.